25 More Things You Can Do In Puerto Vallarta By neeraj chhokar Puerto Vallarta is a favorite vacation spot for those who want to spend time on Mexico’s Pacific coast. Whether it’s thrills you want, or relaxation, there is always something to look forward to, day and night. Use the web to find a gorgeous vacation villa in Puerto Vallarta (the search term, “villa rental Puerto Vallarta” will uncover several) and put together an experience that is just right. The list of attractions, activities and shaded places where you can enjoy an icy beverage goes on and on -- shopping, whales, dancers . . .
No matter what traditional Mexican goods you’re looking for, shopping is the best in Puerto Vallarta.
• Visit the shops along Muertos Beach, buy silver, clothes, blankets.
• Get a deal on beautiful Talavera pottery.
• Check out the vendors on the Malecon for chocolate bananas and corn on a stick.
• Visit the Vallarta Cigar Factory and purchase a custom-made cigar.
• Wander through the flea market on the Rio Cuale near the Malecon.
The Pacific coast is gorgeous, so get outdoors, flex your muscles, and enjoy Puerto Vallarta’s sun and sea.
• Paddle a kayak to one of the beaches along the south coast.
• Learn to kiteboard at Bucieras.
• Take a trip to Cajon de Pena lake for some great bass fishing.
• Check out the less well-known surf spots on the Nayarit coast with a surf guide.
• Swim at Gemelas Beach, a beautiful beach at the south end.
Take in the local color and culture of Puerto Vallarta and
• Enjoy music and dancing on Thursdays and Sundays at the Zocalo.
• Watch the Pampantla Flyers perform on the Malecon.
• Take in a colorful Mexican fiesta
• Visit the Malecon to see the “human statues.”
• Tour local villas with International Friendship Tours.
Romance is everywhere in Puerto Vallarta – just look around.
• Enjoy a romantic dinner at Vista Grill, La Palapa, Café de Artiste . . .
• Sip a beverage and watch the sunset at Las Carmelitas Restaurant.
• Watch the fireworks every evening at 9 pm at the Malecon.
• Look for the famous green flash as the sun sets over Banderas Bay.
• Watch turtles hatch on the beach.
You’re on vacation in Puerto Vallarta – Do something crazy!
• While you’re at El Centro, get a temporary tattoo.
• Enjoy a massage.
• At Canopy Los Veranos, race through the air by cable, suspended above the jungle.
• Go to a bullfight on Wednesday night . . . if you dare!
• Dive in with the dolphins at the Dolphin Adventure Center.
Do you want more suggestions?
• See Casa Kimberly, where Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor lived.
• Visit the historic mining town of San Sebastian.
• Enjoy a round of golf at one of Puerto Vallarta’s golf courses.
• Go whale watching.
A visit to Puerto Vallarta is a non-stop, magical experience – it’s impossible to run out of things to do. Rent a luxurious Puerto Vallarta villa and enjoy all the hospitality of the city.
The author specializes in writing travelogues, tour diaries and travel reports.
He is a huge fan of Puerto Vallarta and all the city has to offer.
All content published on this web site is
provided for informational and educational purposes only. Always
seek professional advice before making any decisions.
We use third-party advertising
companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies
may use information (not including your name, address, email address,
or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites
in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of
interest to you. If you would like more information about this
practice and to know your choices about not having this information
used by these companies, click