25 Things To Do In Puerto Vallarta By neeraj chhokar Puerto Vallarta, Mexico’s popular coastal resort, offers visitors an overwhelming variety of attractions and recreational activities, as well as a vibrant nightlife. Add to this the pleasure of a stay at one of Puerta Vallarta’s rental villas (you can find them on the web by searching “villa rental Puerto Vallarta”) and you have all you need for a perfect vacation. Here is a sampling of the many opportunities to have fun in the sun that will help to make your stay delightful.
Puerto Vallarta has a long list of sightseeing opportunities, so long, in fact, that you may want to map out your day trips before you set out.
• Walk along the Malecon and visit El Centro
• See ‘Our Lady of Guadalupe’ Church, a famous local landmark
• Take a trip to the city of Tequila to see how tequila is made
• Join with fierce (and funny!) pirates for a voyage aboard El Marigalante
• Visit the native animal zoo near Mismaloya
Puerto Vallarta is perfect for active people who like to get out and enjoy their surroundings. Be sure to wear proper clothing, and be sure to bring along a swimming suit, as many popular activities involve boating, swimming and playing in the water.
• Buckle up and enjoy parasailing over Banderas Bay
• Learn to surf at Sayulita Beach
• Rent a bike and cruise along the Rio Cuale, or take a bike tour through the jungle
• Lace up your shoes and hike to Los Colomitos’s hidden beach
• Visit Splash Water Park and fly down the waterslides
There are not enough hours in the day for
nature lovers to take in all that Puerto Vallarta has to offer. Start with a list of your favorite activities to get the most from your visit.
• Catch a bus to the botanical garden past Mismaloya.
• Hang out at the Rio Cuale bridge with the iguanas.
• Go deep-sea fishing in Banderas Bay.
• Enjoy the underwater world snorkeling along the coast south of town.
• Visit the beautiful waterfalls at Quimixto or Yelapa on horseback.
Many people who visit Puerto Vallarta take advantage of its great bars and nightlife. Once in the city,
• Learn salsa at the J&B Club.
• Stop in at Andale! Enjoy being at the bar any time of day, party hard in the evening along the Malecon.
• Enjoy a beverage and watch the marina from above at El Faro Lighthouse Bar
• Sip a mammoth margarita while relaxing or chewing on some ribs at Café de Olla.
• Catch ‘happy hour’ at La Playita near Playa Conchas Chinas.
Puerto Vallarta is perfect if you want to step back from the hubbub and enjoy some quiet relaxation.
• Relax on the beach with a frosty beverage at Burros Bar on Muertos Beach
• Spend time on an uncrowded beach on the Nayarit coast
• Watch professional golfers compete on one of Vallarta’s fabulous courses
• Enjoy a meal in one of the city’s many fine restaurants
• Take a leisurely stroll along the Rio Cuale river walk
With so much, and more, to offer, now is the perfect time to reserve a Puerto Vallarta villa and plan your perfect visit to this gorgeous Mexican seaside resort.
The author specializes in writing travelogues, tour diaries and travel reports.
He is a huge fan of Puerto Vallarta and all the city has to offer.
All content published on this web site is
provided for informational and educational purposes only. Always
seek professional advice before making any decisions.
We use third-party advertising
companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies
may use information (not including your name, address, email address,
or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites
in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of
interest to you. If you would like more information about this
practice and to know your choices about not having this information
used by these companies, click