Jewelry-buying Tips For Clueless Men
"Boys have their cars, their game consoles and their plasma TVs. And what about girls then? Jewelry jewelry and more jewelry.
Marilyn Monroe once sang that “diamonds are a girl’s best friend”. The truth is, girls like pearls, gold wedding rings, antique ruby earrings and anything shiny and pretty too. Jewelry, you men ought to know, has the power to enchant, enthrall and amuse women. They are the best birthday, Valentine’s, Christmas and anniversary gift. Couple it with sincere apologies and a beautiful necklace becomes the perfect “peace offering” too.
So just how do you choose the perfect jewelry? What are the things you should look for when buying one for your girl? Here are some tips you can follow:
• When choosing the jewelry you want to purchase, consider the personality of the girl you are buying the jewelry for. While it is true that girls like jewelry in general, getting a piece that really suits our tastes and personality makes the gift more special. For an easier and safer choice, consider giving her something with her birthstone.
• Take time when purchasing your jewelry. Be sure you have thoroughly inspected the jewelry for any cracks, scratches and other damages. After all, the lucky woman who’s going to get your gift deserves nothing less than perfection, right?
• There are many scammers out there trying to pass their cubic zirconiums as diamonds or their $2-drugstore jewelry as antique earrings, so be sure that you only buy your jewelry from trusted stores. Remember that if a deal seems too good to be true, then it probably is.
• If you’re going all out and
decided to buy your girl a diamond, know that the things you have to carefully look at are color, cut and clarity. A good diamond (which is mostly colorless but can also come in pink, yellow and other colors) is perfectly cut and absolutely clear.
• Different stones and gems signify different things. Pearls exude elegance, diamonds perfection and ageless beauty. Ask your jeweler suggestions for the appropriate gift to ensure that you are putting across the right message.
• If you’re surprising your girl with an engagement or wedding ring, be sure you know her ring size before you buy the jewelry first. There really is nothing as anti-climactic as getting a ring that is either too small or too big.
• After deciding the design you want, have the jewelry assessed by an independent party before you pay for it. It’s and added hassle, yes, but remember that it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Whether you are looking for the most beautiful wedding ring for your future bride or antique earrings for you mom, remember to keep all these tips.
Check out this web site for more on wedding rings, antique earrings and other beautiful pieces of a jewelry.