Many burglars are opportunists. In other words if there is a deterrent, they will generally leave you alone. They do not want to work hard and they do not want to draw attention to whatever they are doing, especially if they are breaking into your home. We have listed a few steps you can follow to make your home less attractive to burglers. while they will not gurantee that you will not be broken into, they will make your would be burgler think twice about breaking into your home.
- Post Alarm signs on all of your windows
- Post vicious dog signs on all of your windows
- Keep all of your shrubs and trees trimmed around the house
- Keep all of your doors, including your garage door closed and locked
- Don't leave your purse or wallet visible from a window
- Don't leave your purse or wallet in the front closet
- Keep all downstairs windows locked
- Keep all basement windows locked
- Keep your valueables in a locked safe
- Don't advertise that you will be away, unless you trust the person you are speaking with
- Advise your neighbours if you will be away for the weekend
- Keep an eye on your neighbours homes for suspicious activity
- Arrange for House sitting service
- When away, have someone put the garbage out on the designated day
- Have your neighbours park their car in the driveway when you are away
- Don't leave mail and newspapers in the mailbox to advertise that you are not home
There are possibly many more things that do not cost a lot of money, yet make your home safer from burglers, especially the opportunist who has noticed that your home may be easy to break into.
If you have additional suggestions, we would be glad to add them to our web site. Just click on the link below and send us an email. We will not contact you unless you request a response.
Link to the next page
LINK TO our Home Alarm Page for more information.
Contact us to set up reciprocal links to your web site.
Web Site Links