Non monitored alarm systems
Non monitored alarm systems provide a great deterrant to opportunistic burglars who want to get in and out of your home quickly with little or no noise and of course no one noticing them. Non monitored alarm systems can be installed with all of the sam trigger points for your doors and windows, including motion detectors and also smoke detectors. Panic alarm buttons and codes are also available. the most important element of any alarm is the siren and if you want to scare a burglar off, have a siren that is heard both inside and outside the home.
- Install Siren outside the home so it can be heard by the neighbours
- Main door entry should have a low volume audible warning for 45 seconds
- Even when the alarm is off, an audible chime or beep should sound if any alarmed door is opened
- Motion detectors shoud be placed to pick up the main traffic areas of the home
The police or your neighbours may arrive long after the burgler has left, however this is actually what you want them to do. If a burgler hears an alarm, he may leave immediately or just stay long enough to grab something quick and not confront you or your family.
- You can also install a panic alarm upstairs in your bedroom
- Call the police, do not confront or corner the burgler if at all possible
- Call a neighbour to assist you if your home has been broken into
- Test your alarm every few months to ensure that all compoents are working properly
Non monitored alarm systems can be an excellent deterrant to burglers, however unless your neighbours hear the alarm you may be on your own with a breakin. if you are leaving for some time, try to make sure that one of your trusted neighbours have a key and the code to turn off the alarm system.